Loew-Cornell (La Corneille-Golden Taklon)
- 7550-3/4", Glaze Wash
- 7300-8, Shader
- 7050-1, Script Liner
- old toothbrush
- stippling brush
Wood and Supplies:
- 3/4" pine
- 2" wood
- 1/8" wood dowel
- 2 - 20mm wood beads
- 1/8" wood dowel
- Delta Ceramcoat Sealer
- fine sandpaper
- .02 black Micron Pigma pen
- wood glue
- Delta Acrylic Spray Finish
Cut the rainbow and dove from 3/4" pine. Cut the ark from 2" wood. From the 1/8" wood dowel, cut two pieces 1 3/4" long. The dowels are used to connect the rainbow to the ark. Before drilling the holes for the dowel pieces, see pattern for placement so the rainbow will line up with the ark correctly. Drill a 1/8" hole into the bottom of the rainbow on both sides. Drill a 1/8" hole into the curved ends of the ark on both sides.
Sand the wood pieces with fine sandpaper and wipe clean. Seal with wood sealer, sand again and wipe clean.
1) Basecoat the following: The roof with GOLDEN BROWN, the area under the roof and the wood beads with DUNES BEIGE, and the bottom of the ark with BLUEBERRY. Basecoat the top stripe on the rainbow with ROUGE, the next stripe with EMPIRE GOLD, the next stripe with KELLY GREEN, and the bottom stripe with PURPLE DUSK. Basecoat the porthole with EMPIRE GOLD.
2) Stipple the ocean at the bottom of the ark with PURPLE DUSK.
3) Float shading along the bottom of the porthole with ROUGE.
4) Basecoat the dove and lightly stipple the highlights on top of the waves with QUEEN ANNE'S LACE.
5) Float shading on the dove and basecoat the dove's beak with GOLDEN BROWN.
6) Line around the window and along the bottom of the roof with SPICE BROWN.
7) Line between the stripes on the rainbow and inside the porthole with QUEEN ANNE'S LACE.
8) Add the line on the roof with EMPIRE GOLD.
9) Add the dots to the waves with QUEEN ANNE'S LACE.
10) Dot the eye on the dove and lightly splatter all the pieces with BLACK.
11) Line the words at the bottom of the ark with a .02 black Pigma pen.
12) With wood glue, glue the dove to the roof of the ark, sitting at an angle. Glue the wood dowels into the ark and the wood beads onto the dowels. Glue the rainbow onto the dowels, position the pieces and let dry.
13) Let the pen lines dry overnight. Lightly spray on several coats of varnish, allowing to dry between coats. Be careful not to smear the pen lines when you apply the varnish.