1/2" Wood and 1/4" Wood
1 Black pipe cleaner (cut in half)
1 Blue child's wire hanger or (19 gauge wire)
1 Black technical pen
Wood Glue, and Hot Glue Gun
Antique Maple Gel Stain
1 Piece of red ribbon (for bow on ladybug) Hand full
of Raffia (for bow on wire)
1/2" Wood: Ladybug and flower
1/4" Wood: Wings and hands
| Tomato Spice
| Bungalow Blue
|| Light Foliage
|| Navy Blue
Wood Burning Instructions:
I always do my wood burning line work before I start to base paint my project. If paint gets in
any of the burned areas don't worry, I always go back over the lines with my wood burning
tool to remove any unwanted paint after I'm done painting .
1. TOMATO SPICE: Face, Wings and Hands
2. CHARCOAL: Arms
3. BUNGALOW BLUE: Top of flower
4. IVORY: Peddles of flowers
5. MEDIUM FOLIAGE: Leaves
6. CHARCOAL: Put Ladybug spots on face, wings and hands, Paint eyes, nose, mouth and
put freckles on cheeks.
7. LIGHT FOLIAGE: Spatter leaves with old toothbrush.
8. IVORY: Put dots on flowers with your styles, paint eyes.
9. NAVY BLUE: Put dots on flowers with your styles.
10. BLACK TECHNICAL PEN: Put the saying "Ladybug Hugs" on the flower.
11. SANDING: Sand along the edges of the painted areas on all wood pieces.
12. ANTIQUE MAPLE STAIN GEL: Stain along the edges you just sanded
13. GLUE: Wings and arms to the Ladybug with Wood glue, Hot Glue Bow.
14. ATTACH: Blue wire from hanger, Raffia bow and Black Pipe Cleaner.
I do hope you enjoy making "Ladybug Hugs". She is a
cute addition to your summer decorations.